AccuQuilt GO! English Paper Piecing Jewel Petal-1" Finished Sides Die 55346
Also Available in Our Retail Store
1001 Knight Avenue, Ponca City, OK 74601
Call for More Information: (580)765-9999
Add dimension to your English Paper Piecing with this gem of a die. With 1” finished sides, it’s a perfect addition to the GO! Qube English Paper Piecing 1” Finished Sides or GO! English Paper Piecing Hexagon-1" Finished Dies. Whether you’re new to “EPP” or a veteran, this shape’s sure to open new design possibilities for you and your craft.
How to Die Cut EPP Jewel Petal Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
Fabric Jewel Petal Shapes: Cut 6½" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold strip covering the larger jewel petal shapes on the die Cut 24 jewel petal shapes across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 480 jewel petal shapes.
Jewel Petal Paper Pieces: Cut 20 jewel petal shapes out of an 8½" x 11” sheet of paper or cardstock.
– Tip: Notecards and old business cards make excellent papers.
Why Quilters Love the GO! EPP Jewel Petal Die:
- English Paper Piecing, or EPP as the truly hexie-addicted handstitchers call it, is the perfect “purse project.” GO! English Paper Piecing dies are designed to cut both the fabric and the paper (or cardstock) for English Paper Piecing on one die board.
- No templates! No measuring! No need to purchase expensive paper templates! The GO! English Paper Piecing dies allow you to cut out as many or as few jewel petal shapes and paper templates as needed for a project without having to use a rotary cutter or ruler.
- Imagine the time you will save cutting! This die cuts up to two layers of paper or cardstock on the smaller jewel petal shapes (eight in one pass through the cutter) and up to six layers of cotton fabric on the larger jewel petal shapes (24 in one pass through the cutter).
- GO! English Paper Piecing includes ¼" seam allowances on the larger jewel petal shapes for cutting fabric.
- Great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly!
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Finished Size: Cut & Finished Size: Jewel Petals to Cut Fabric: 1 7/16" Sides (3.7 cm) & 2 7/8" Sides (7.3 cm), Jewel Petals to Cut Paper: 1" Sides (2.5 cm) & 2" Sides (5.1 cm).
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 6 in. (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm)